Currently looking for an experienced senior trademark paralegal professional to fill a position with a downtown Seattle law firm. The ideal candidate will possess at least 5 years’ experience filing trademark applications and related prosecution documents with the USPTO.
Responsibilities of the Trademark Paralegal
- Support a partner level attorney one on one.
- Work with a cohesive group of paralegals on both foreign and domestic trademark issues.
- Search, file, prosecution and maintenance of foreign and domestic trademarks.
- Maintain/update the database for trademarks, copyrights and domain names.
- Correspond with clients and legal associates worldwide.
- Perform administrative duties; answer phones, type limited dictation and provide other office support such as billing.
Requirements of the Trademark Paralegal
- Experience filing trademark applications and related prosecution documents with the USPTO
- Minimum 5 years of current trademark paralegal experience
- Knowledge of MS Office programs including Word, Excel and Access
- Experience with SAEGIS
- Strong organizational skills, excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work with a wide variety of personalities
- Proactive, self-motivated work style
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Experience with legal research (IND123)